What is Wormhole?
Wormhole is a generic message passing protocol that connects to multiple chains including Ethereum, Solana, Terra, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Avalanche, Oasis, Fantom, Karura, Celo, Acala, Aurora and Klaytn.
Wormhole does this through emitting messages from one chain which are observed by a Guardian network of nodes and verified. After verification, this message is submitted to the target chain for processing.
This simple message passing primitive enables cross chain functionality. Users interact with xDapps (cross chain decentralized applications) to transfer xAssets (cross chain assets) between networks or access their xData (cross chain data) to provide them services on their current network.
On top of the Wormhole message protocol, there’s two specific applications that help concentrate liquidity for xAssets. The Portal Token Bridge and Portal NFT Bridge provide a standard message format for token and NFT transfers across the Wormhole bridge.
Wormhole has a Core Bridge contract deployed on all the connected networks. Wormhole Guardians run a full node for each of the connected chains, specifically listening to any events from the Core Contracts. The core contracts emit a message, which is picked up by the Guardians. The Guardians verify the message and sign it, creating a VAA (Verified Action Approval). This VAA then sits on the Guardians network where it can be retrieved by the user or by a relayer to be submitted to the target chain to process the message. Unlike other bridges, a relayer in Wormhole has no special privileges, it’s just a piece of software that shuttles messages between the Guardian network to the target chain, and is not a trusted entity.
Bridge assets to Aptos via Cetus Bridge powered by Wormhole
- Go to https://bridge.cetus.zone
- Connect your wallet.
- Select token you want to send from your wallet to Aptos wallet.
- Choose the amount you want to send and press next.
- Connect your Aptos wallet (Cetus supports many wallets as Martian, Petra, Pontem, Fewcha and Spika), after it connected press next.
- Press transfer and confirm transaction in your wallet.
- Wait when transaction will be finished.
- When transaction will be finished press “Redeem” and in couple seconds you will see that redeem transaction was submitted.
Add liquidity in Cetus pools
- Go to https://app.cetus.zone/ and choose Pools
- Connect your wallet.
Cetus supports many wallets as Martian, Petra, Pontem, Fewcha and Spika
3. Enter the amount of assets on any side of target liquidity pool. Press “Add to Pool” and “Confirm supply”.
Tutorial made by arnoldthealmond(Twitter). godshiba#9819 discord